The Vitantonio Pizzelle Baker creates two traditional 5" pizzelle cookies. Pizzelle are a traditional Italian...
Cinnamon Bun Coffee Cake
No sticky fingers here! Introducing the cinnamon bun coffee cake, with layers of cinnamon sugar ribbons throughout moist cake glazed with a simple icing. Each bite screams cinnamon buns. This is a great cake to bake if you are hosting company. It is simple and easy to create but holds a major flavour profile. A simple ingredient transforms this cake into a moist treasure. Thanks to the creamy texture of sour cream, this baked cake is on point with loads of moisture and richness. This cake will also keep longer as courtesy of the secret ingredient, so you can enjoy it all week long. Not only does it taste good, but it is beautiful to look at as well with the delicate layers of cinnamon sugar ribbons throughout.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar plus ¼ cup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 tbsps. cinnamon
- ½ cup confectioners (icing) sugar
- 2 tbsps. milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, adjust oven rack to be positioned in middle.
2. Grease a 10 inch angel tube cake pan generously.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Next, add eggs one at a time to combine. Add vanilla, combine.
4. In a small bowl sift flour, baking soda and salt. Add 1/3 of dry ingredients to creamed butter, combine. Next add 1/3 amount of sour cream, combine. Repeat by alternating with flour and sour cream until fully incorporated into the creamed butter mixture.
5. Next, in a small bowl combine brown sugar, remaining white sugar and cinnamon.
6. Pour 1/3 of the cake batter into the greased cake pan. Generously sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar mixture from step 5. Repeat this 2 more times and finish the top of the cake off with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
7. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes. Test the doneness of the cake by inserting a cake tester in the centre, if the tester comes out clean (or with very few crumbs) then the cake it is baked through. Cool in cake pan for 30 minutes then remove from pan and continue to cool completely on wire rack.
8. Finally, sift the icing sugar in a small bowl. Whisk in the milk to create a glaze. Once cake is cooled completely drizzle glaze over top of cake.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for product demos, reviews, recipes and more!